The Governance Group
The EPIC Governance Group (EGG) is made up of ten library sector representatives and is responsible for the strategic direction of EPIC. EGG guides the operation of the consortium and works to promote uptake of the resources.
A full-time EPIC Manager supports EGG and the operational management of EPIC, managing the day-to-day running of the consortium. This position is funded from an administration component of subscriptions.
The National Library of New Zealand is the lead agency. It hosts the EPIC office and legally holds the contracts with vendors and each EPIC member library.
Terms of reference set out the roles and responsibilities, governance structure and nomination procedure for EGG.
EPIC Governance Group representatives
- Large and Very Large Public Libraries – Annette Beattie (Hutt City Libraries, Hutt City)
- Medium, Small, & Very Small Public Libraries - Pene Walsh (H.B. Williams Memorial Library, Gisborne)
- National Library of New Zealand – Jenny McDonald
- Polytechnics, PTEs and other education organisations – Mary Weddell (WELTEC)
- Schools – Senga White (James Hargest College)
- Services to Young New Zealanders (National Library of New Zealand) – Geraldine Howell
- Special libraries – Sharman Buckle Te Aka Matua Library, Te Papa Museum of New Zealand)
- Universities – Margaret Ferguson (Victoria University of Wellington)Chair
- Wananga – Maewa Kaihau (Te Whare Pukapuka, Te Wananga o Raukawa, Otaki)
Page last updated: 16 February 2012.