EPIC subscriptions 2017-2018 - what happens next?
6 March 2017
First of all - a big, big thank you to all the libraries that have sent through their EPIC subscription confirmations for 2017-2018!
A reminder also to those libraries that haven’t returned their confirmations that last Friday 3 March 2017 was officially the deadline to do so (use this link to access instructions and the downloadable subscription confirmation forms).
If your organisation hasn’t met this deadline and you haven’t already done so, please email me ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org to negotiate an extension, otherwise it will be assumed that your organisation is cancelling your subscription and access to the resource/s that you subscribed to in 2016-2017 will cease as of 1 April 2017.
What happens next?
1. Subscription set up for 2017-2018
- If you simply renewed the subscriptions that you had last year, then there is nothing that you need to do immediately - access to all your current subscriptions should continue seamlessly.
- If you are taking up new subscriptions, you will be contacted by the applicable vendor/s to arrange the set up of your access. It is likely that they will require a list of your IP ranges to authenticate your in-house access and details of your remote access authentication option/s – so, please be prepared to provide this information.
- If you did not select subscription options that you subscribed to in 2016-2017, access to these will cease as of 1 April 2017. Please remember to remove all links to these resources by 1 April.
- The next step from the EPIC end is to pay all the consolidated invoices on your behalf to all the EPIC vendors. Once these are paid, I will notify the email group of the exchange rate the foreign currency invoices were paid against (probably in mid April).
- EPIC member invoices will be issued in late April/early May and payable in NZ$ (plus GST) based on the above and including the EPIC 5% administrative fee.
- If you require the addition of a purchase order number for invoicing and/or confirmation of the total amount in order to raise your PO, please email me at email@example.com to let me know so that I can make a note to contact you with the applicable information prior to invoicing.
3. Sub-licence agreements
- Over the past few years, I have been able to send out letters of renewal to existing members, however, as EPIC has negotiated new contracts with all of the vendors that are part of the new panel of suppliers for EPIC (resulting from RFP process in late 2016), I will be required to send you all out brand new sub-licence agreements for signing based on the terms and conditions of the new contracts.
- The new contracts with suppliers have four annual rights of renewal attached, so from 2018, we will be able to revert back to the letter of renewal process.
- The new sub-licence agreements will be sent out for signing shortly after invoicing.
If you have any questions about the above, please just let me know.
ph (04) 474 3058
(please do not reply directly to this email)